CAST Transporation is an industry leader in trucking safety with many first place awards to our credit. Our drivers are highly trained and attend ongoing training exercises.
We uphold and are committed to surpassing the safety requirements that our customers expect.
We do this by …
- Providing and Maintaining Superior Equipment
- Hiring only the most qualified personnel and management
- Having a working knowledge of our Customers’ Needs
- Having expert knowledge of DOT Safety Standards.
CAST Transportation’s Drivers …
- Are US citizens
- Have more than two years’ experience driving Class A tractor trailer combinations in heavy traffic, mountainous terrain and extreme weather conditions.
- Have thorough Background Checks which includes (Employment History Verification, Social Security Number Validation, Motor Vehicle Record Review, Criminal History Check.
- All Drivers are also required to have DOT physicals, Drug Screens and essential function testing to verify physical qualification.
- Every CAST driver is trained on 8-hour General Awareness Hazardous Material, Emergency Response, Cargo Securement, Security Awareness, Winter Driving, and FMCSA rules and regulations.
- CAST utilizes field supervisors to ensure drivers are working safely and efficiently at all job sites.
- Driver safety meetings are held every month with mandatory attendance.
- Current CAST drivers also have annual reviews and performance appraisals which include defensive driving training and commentary drives.
CAST recognizes our moral safety obligation to the community, and carries out a continuing safety education program to provide the safest work environment for our employees, customers and the communities where we live and work. CAST’s safety program generates a business record that far exceeds industry performance standards by a factor of 100 in driver, vehicle and hazardous safety inspections.
For example, over the past three years CAST has successfully been involved in the transportation of the WIPP TRU Waste program. We have over 600 driver years of experience in the transportation industry and have completed over 2,400 shipments without any major incidents.
With over 2,400 shipments without any major incidents CAST is a trucking industry leader in setting and maintaining the highest performance standards for safety. We uphold and are committed to surpassing the safety requirements that our customers expect. We do this by providing and maintaining superior equipment, personnel and management, by having a working knowledge of our customers’ needs, and by having expert knowledge of DOT safety standards.